Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fallen flat

Nice daily streak, eh? It's been almost a full month since my last posting - pretty pathetic really. Oh well, there is room for improvement and boy do I need it. I really hope to write a little more often because I obtained a new computer! My old computer was nice and all, but the reliability was not good - it would occasionally lock up hard to a black screen. This does not make it conducive to blog writing, posting, reading or what have you. I spent a lot of time trying to diagnose and then fix this problem, but to no avail.

Looks like there are two things left to test - re-installing XP or a new CPU. I don't think the first will work as I have had locks when running liveCD versions of linux, but I can't remember when the last time that happened was. I don't know if I'll get around to that. The more I put it off the less likely it will be because I won't be able to find the proper CPU (Socket-939) .

Well, Friday is fast approaching, so I need to sleep. There is hockey to be had tomorrow - at least I'm assuming there is. I haven't seen an email about it though, but I guess there will be something. I'm going there anyway, or at least checking my email when I get up. That's no longer the chore it was with the new computer! Ahh, sweet juicy reliability. I'll talk about my purchase in the near future.

No comments: