Monday, February 5, 2007

Bitterness

I'm bitter. It's the kind of bitterness that a good skate at the ol' hockey rink would cure, but that's just not gonna happen tomorrow. Turn out has been shallow as of late and so the organizers asked people to confirm their attendance or have the game canceled. Turns out many regulars from work were going to be traveling, including one of our regular goalies. Most of the responses that were copied on the wider mailing list were negative. Not that I can blame people, but it is a day that I look forward to all week.

So I'm bitter about it. And I found out something interesting about my stick. Last game, someone commented that it didn't look like a one-piece composite, but more like a composite shaft with a wooden blade. Turns out, the Sher-wood Momentum stick is a wood/composite hybrid - it has a composite shaft that is stiffened with wood. The blade is a wood core that is jacketed with the composite material. This gives some of the benefits of a one-piece composite with the benefit of a lower price. So that was an interesting tidbit.

Anyway, I'll have to get up nice and early and head to the gym instead - I'll need to work off the bitter energy.

No comments: