Monday, February 19, 2007

What? Who? Blog?

Been a while... I guess I should, you know, use the computer every once in a while if I want to write stuff in the ol' blog. Well I haven't been, but I am now.

So many things preventing me from writing recently. Things like sleep and tiredness and family and ... well that's enough. Didn't get close enough to the computer this weekend to even think about posting. Friday was pretty good - the feature team went out for a team-building exercise known as "lunch". The group has been out 3 times now (since I joined) and we've been to Montana's twice. I think it was a time enjoyed by all. Good food and still work conversations - no one minded my droning on and on because I picked up the check I guess. Secretly I also hope it was because I was talking about interesting stuff, but I can never be sure.

Saturday was pretty nice too - kids went over to the grandparent's place and we had Special Pad Thai, with Vietnamese Espresso smoothies with avocado. Ben Thanh is good. Those smoothies are completely evil - made with strong espresso and condensed milk, I am compelled to get it every time I go to BT. You'd think the avocado would be weird, but the taste is excellent. Don't think about it, just order it. There's a reason it costs a buck more than the other smoothies. Good relaxing evening.

Sunday visited my aunt and grandma. My grandma's birthday is coming up, but we stopped by and had cake. It's really only a matter of time now, but so far she's been doing okay since they diagnosed the brain tumor. Not the most brilliantly joyous occasion, but everyone is happy for whatever time we get now. She made it to 90.

I was beat when I got home. The boys were pretty good all day, so it wasn't them that wore me out. Not sure exactly why, but I'm not really going to look for serious reasons - I'm going to look for a couch. And that was nice. Awoke to the Pens playing the Caps and that was nice. Hit they hay (relatively) early too - needed sleep.

Not a bad day today either - couple of good meetings and some early interactions that cleared up some things for the team. Now this. What could be better... Hockey, yes. Hockey comes after sleep though...

No comments: