Thursday, December 21, 2006

The edge I've been pushed over

Finally I broke down and started a blog. I couldn't take it any long. I was going to post a link to the original source, but I was not sure. Not supplying all the information is part of the problem so go read the original post here. In a separate forum that I'm a part of, the following comment appeared:
Of course, their limited world view on understanding exactly what Islam is, and what a Muslim is. And, what a Christian is. Kinda like this person needs to really do a little soul searching and self education.
Read on for what I couldn't keep in
-----------

But but that means they're willing to change! That just can't be - that means they could be wrong! I mean if I see a name and rearrange the letters, convert the numbers to letters - oh - I see it again - 666! The beast!

I'm not shocked any more, just increasingly disappointed at the ignorant stupidity or blatant manipulative attempts. No middle ground, no quarter given, nothing but sun or shade. And they sit at their computers decrying a civilization that existed before theirs, while a zone of chaos swirls through a land 5000 miles away, worried that "those people" are bringing them down. Oh jeez, I guess they're dying is harshing your buzz. I suppose "those people", you know them - they wear different clothes, have different fanatical beliefs, they're in your city, pointing guns at you. Oh, you mean they *may* be in your cities, *may* be planning a protest, er bombing, er something.

You know, it's been more than 5 years North America hasn't seen any more deaths... But 10 or 100 times as many people in places have died as a result. If people from far away showed up were I lived, I'd have to take up arms and fight to the death. People that complain of "threats" and "possibilities" should stop and look around. The streets seem devoid of foreign soldiers and there isn't any gun play. They have a computer, electricity to power it, coffee to fuel their idiocy and navel-gazing.

A strong person, one deserving of respect, is someone who can admit they made a mistake and move on. Those who invent further calamities so they don't have to change their position are not deserving of respect.

No comments: