Monday, December 25, 2006

More Meta blog thoughts

One thing that I like about this blogospheral existence is that one entry can correspond nicely to one train of thought. I was going to put "thought" but that doesn't work for me - I segue myself so easily that I don't think anything I write was one coherent idea. Probably 4 or 5, but whatever - who's counting.

The one-train-one-post is what will get my post numbers up. I'm not sure I'll have something to write about every day. Actually I'm pretty sure I won't, but I do have lots to say on other days, so hopefully the average will be something reasonable.

Something that I desperately need to start doing is more creative writing. Everything can be creative writing, but I mean in a more fictional sense. Some random topic taken to some subjective extreme with words not indicative of particular structure, purpose or destination.

To juxtapose the way I write with pj's comments from this month, I rarely edit what I type. I have always enjoyed a stream-of-consciousness style which can say more than I'd like, or less or whatever, but I'm hoping to generate that person in the bubble speaking the words right into your head. Incessant, insinuating, instigating, indignant, alliterated words. Alright, I do check for spelling and I'm keeping the alliteration because the definition justifies it.

No comments: