Monday, December 25, 2006

Mmmm... Christmas...

My "Blog Ambitions" tour wrapped up early on Friday with the onset of stomach illness. That was brought to me by my eldest son, who, am I told, narrowly avoided decorating his teachers clothing on the last day before Christmas. Nothing says "see you in two weeks!" like a technicolor-HCl blouse accent, lovingly applied. So I asked "WWWWWWWWWAAAAHHHHHHHHYYYYY" a few times that evening and was pretty much scuppered for Saturday.

Sunday was good and proceeded to gather with my family for Christmas eve meal and early Santa-gifts. Santa knows my Mom and he authorized her to distribute gifts on Christmas Eve. I think his purpose is to prevent kids from waking up at 4am to "get up" and "open gifts in the morning". The good times continued after the kids went to bed - a good friend showed up at our door and we exchanged gifts and hung out in our living room for a bit. Talked about how to enumerate the zeros in 1000!, but we can blame jamesh for that. He thought enumerating the multiples of 10 would be easy and I couldn't convince him of that in two minutes, so the problem still stands for the ages. Unwound, went to bed, and woke up at 2:30am to cries of "Da-dee, daaaaa-deeeee!". Clouded, sleepy, I assumed the dampness was a result of an explosively runny nose. Light revealed potato and my sugar plum dreams were canceled.

Christmas day - stumbled towards the down, hitting every stair, and proceeded to ride the couch for the remainder of the day. Watched the original Star Wars trilogy DVDs (twice altered - this one has Hayden Christensen spliced into the ending). Hopefully everyone has been sick so we won't see this played out again soon. Found out my cousin and his young son went through this same sorta show, but last week. Ah the joys of communicable disease, er kids.

So no biting sarcasm, no head-losing rants, just simple down-home... Need sleep. Can't. Stop. Typing. Single. Word. Sentences. Please. Help!

No comments: