Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Sooo....

So much for the fabulous discipline. I guess it is day 3 and this is the third post, but that isn't really what I was going on about. Monday was pretty good, although I talked to three different people that ran into the same "some grocery store has to be open today" issue I did. The one closest to home was open 9-5 Sunday, but closed Monday. Shoulda been checking that out Sunday and then the fridge wouldn't be looking so sparse now...

Went to a nice holiday BBQ, sans family. It's nice to be able to take off on occasion, but I guess it is a sign of maturity that I kinda wanted them to be there too. The kids would have been a handful, but it would have been alright. The swimming pool was the most fun and the most tiring. Interestingly the pool deck cut my fingertips pretty darn good. Guess that sandpaper-like coating combined with the water and hauling my flabby self outta the water conspired to remove my fingerprints. Pretty ingenious. Kudos all round for an excellent day.

Company picnic coming up tomorrow. That should be a good time - they've all been pretty darn good so far. The weather prestidigitators are calling for rain about that time, but this summers' version of rain has been quite sparse to say the least. Previous picnics have all been hot dry affairs, excellent for hanging about out-of-doors, if there is a spot of shade to be had. Rain will be a change and I can't say that my lawn won't be appreciative. There shall be shelter for all during possible precipitation. I think the progeny will be upset if we can't get a round of mini-golf in. They do get so excited to wield clubs...

No comments: