Saturday, April 4, 2009

Puttering around the house

Went to bed late (well, early today) so didn't do much this morning.  Can't exactly stay in bed, but wasn't awake enough to be useful, so I'm not sure where that leaves me.  Kinda dazed, but not in an important situation.  Not like I was driving or anything.  The house seemed to survive that tremendous wind, which carried on through most of the day.  I finally made it outside after 5pm and the wind had died down quite a bit and the sun was even out for awhile there.  It was quiet chilly though.  Managed a little bit of cleaning, typical stuff.  The big cleaning came in the laundry room, which is also where we keep the cat's litter box.  Thing is, when the cat gets annoyed about her litter box she doesn't send us a note or start barking, she apparently would pee on the carpets near the litter box.  But not always on them, sometimes beside and ultimately under them.  I finally checked what was going on under all these rugs, which have nice solid rubber bottoms, and I didn't like what I saw.  And so there was a very thorough cleaning job done there.  Hopefully I won't have to do that again any time soon.  Maybe I can teach the cat to write those notes...

I did manage to get caught up with a series I've been watching on tv -  Life.  I really like Damian Lewis and especially his character, Det. Crews.  I was able to use the "Rogers On Demand" (heh heh - ROD - heh heh) to see the missing episodes.  Even though you can't do trickplay, being able to catch the most current 3 episodes for a series is great.  Especially a show like Life where the (now typical) two-level story takes place.  Level one is the episode - you can watch one episode for the mystery presented.  Level two is the story involving the characters and drawn out over a long period of time.  This series does the multi-level thing quite well.  I can't really think of a series before the X-Files that used this pattern effectively, but I'm also pretty sure that I don't know enough tv to state that with any certainty.  Anyway, Life is good and hopefully it'll continue.  Hopefully we'll see what's going to happen to Reese.

No comments: