Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday already?

I keep forgetting that it's a short week.   Well, it's not the forgetting that makes such an impression but rather the remembering.  Kinda like that found-the-keys-in-the-last-place-I-looked way.  Anyway, I keep forgetting (then remembering) that Friday is a holiday, so there is much more urgency around everything.  Not sure why, but there you are.  I guess it doesn't help that "Idol" ran long and Fringe had to start late.  That certainly adds to my urgency.  I liked the episode, at least what I saw of it, and the story continues nicely.  Next week's installment looks most exciting.  Yes, yes - I look forward most verily.  Like most things related to Fox, it would be nicer if they would just run the shows on a consistent weekly basis.  You know - a schedule or season.  Not this 4 episodes followed by hiatus, followed by 4 episodes and a break, the a re-tooling, a pause and a cancellation.  You'd think they were parliament or something!

Speaking of parliament, I actually heard some rumblings from our (Canadian federal) government today.  They decided to do something that the US did weeks ago - guarantee the new car warranties for GM and Chrysler.  Good news because it looks like GM is gearing for bankruptcy  Oh well - looking for the upswing in the economy, but that won't be in Canada for a while.  We definitely lag behind the US in the effects of the economic downturn.  The US has been suffering economically for more than a year, so we are probably a year behind.  Typical in previous downturns, and I don't expect anything to change.  Each downturn has a ripple effect within different sectors of the economy and the trickle-down is pretty clear.  Hopefully we'll be back to vigorous sales soon.

No comments: