Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 19: The bluest day

I mentioned in a previous (recent) posting that January 19th was the "bluest" day of the year.  This was determined by researchers and coincides with several events - it is the darkest time (shortest days in the Northern Hemisphere), the time when all the credit card bills from Christmas have arrived and are due, and that point where you've given up on your New Year's resolution in a big way.  Fortunately, my New Year's resolution was to blog more, so by simply noting this for the Internet, I'm still "sticking with it."  Terrible trap this self-referential spiral, but pop culture does it so effectively I figured I should give it a shot.

Actually made it to the gym this morning, but things didn't go as well as planned nor as badly as they could have.  Having learned my lesson last week about not going too far,  I was going to make sure not strain anything during my leg workout.  The first exercise is squats, so I made sure I did about half what I've been doing for a long time, just in case.  Well I ended up only doing 2 sets because my hamstrings started to cramp on before I started the third set.  I moved on to the next exercise and only did 2 sets there too and skipped the hamstring curls.  I guess I'll have to see what happens tomorrow and Wednesday, but I'm hopeful.  My legs generally recover well and it wasn't very heavy at all.  It really shows me how long I've gone without regular gym visits.  Never seems like has been very long.

I heard on the weekend that multiple entries are okay for the Canada Writes contest.  I think I'm going to have to start entering - vote early, vote often I've never said.  Gotta get in a movie pitch and a rant and stuff.  Maybe a song.  Maybe a song about a ranting movie pitch.  Something....

No comments: