Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 23 - Two Events to Stomach

That should be two stomach-related events, but that doesn't sound as good.  A bunch of people from work decided we should head out to Wonder Sushi.  This is an all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant.  The food is okay, and it is always an event to when we go there.  We could probably simplify everything by just ordering steak teryiaki and crispy spicy salmon rolls exclusively.  And then ice cream.  The whole thing usually ends up in an iron-man competition to wrestle the last few pieces.  Always leave having eaten way too much.  The only redeeming grace is that we can't go as a group very often - cost and the fact that one of our most enthusiastic boosters can't make it often.  It turns out his wife has a strong shellfish allergy, so if he eats crab meat, she'll react poorly when they share things like doorknobs later.  So he can only make it when she leaves town for a few days.   So we did pretty well, but I am quite stuffed.  I'm still suffering from over-stuffed drowsiness - something like tryptophan overload, but with a belly that is doing its best zeppelin impression.

The second stomach related activity was a really fun event at a pub near work - Wink's Eatery.  Turns out several of my co-workers frequent this establishment, frequently closing down the place.  To encourage more people to visit, the owners decided to have an "Appreciation Day" for our company.  This consisted of discounted drinks and appetizers and many people decided to make a point of sampling what was to be had.  I must say it was a most-excellent occasion and I hope another outing can be organized when I didn't have drive off.  Then I'd really be able to simulate the economy, if you know what I mean.  Yes, yes you do.  You don't need to think it's funny to understand, although that little chuckle might have helped you over look the inherent weakness of the whole thing.

Anyhoo, hockey was pretty good this morning.  I played reasonably well and didn't hurt my foot too much while I played.  I'm getting better at keeping my balance, but it seems like it's effecting the small of my back.  Perhaps when I can concentrate less on my foot and focus on my posture, I'll be able to avoid hurting my back too.

No comments: