Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 22 - Deafening normalcy

I've been staring at the screen trying to find something that stood out today, but really couldn't find anything.  Maybe today is a template for last little while (or time to come?)   Brought my car in to get some expensive plastic bolted to the bottom.  Found out that my trunk didn't latch because it was too cold - latched fine this morning after the temperature went up 10 degrees C from the day before.  I asked the mechanics to spray some lube in there  - hopefully that displaced whatever water was freezing up in there.  When they were done with that, headed to work.  Found out someone I've worked with for the past several months has come under the shadow of the layoff announced yesterday.  So, on their behalf, if you need a marketing manager, tech writer or someone to make you look good in print, let me know.  Also, hopefully you'll be able to provide a salary.  After that the day moved on in typical fashion - meetings until lunch, attempts to work, interrupted by impromptu meetings, followed by scheduled meetings and the time to leave.  Sped home so that my youngest son could make it to skating.  That went well - looks like he's making progress in that area. Dinner, Batman Begins, bed time stories and here we are.

Of course before getting to this, I realized that I missed an important song when I got some Arrogant Worms from iTunes last night - "The Last Saskatchewan Pirate".  Of course I also had to get some more off the "49 songs from north of the 49th parallel" - "The Hockey Song" by Stompin' Tom Connors and a Rush album "The Spirit of Radio".  Oddly enough, I never bought a Rush album before and I think that sits in the same sad category that my never-purchased Led Zepplin albums resides in.   Oh well - I feel better now that I have some of these things, like I've done something good for the musical side of me.  Plus some deserving people made a few pennies off me today - also a good thing.  Them making money, not the pennies.  Oh, and now that I've been listening to more Arrogan Worms, go buy some of their albums - they're really good.  Now - don't just sit there!  DO IT!

No comments: