Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 31 - Bleh

I figured out why I felt so beat playing hockey yesterday - I definitely have a cold.  It's either arriving or is here.  Staying up late last night didn't help anything, but that's no big deal.  Managed to get haircuts for me and the boys and it was a pretty good day.  A nice nap in the middle of the day helped too.

Caught the latest episode of Fringe tonight on Space.  Not a bad show - I really like how Space is able to show new episodes of current shows within a week of their first airing.  It was most enjoyable - plus it helps with the network schedule fights, so that two of the current shows I care to watch overlap.  This provides a decent option of being able to see it on a night where I have more time.  Really I should probably get a DVR, but I'm not prepared to spend that money.  Because I'd likely get a TiVo and that has a monthly cost.

Fringe is doing pretty well in my mind - the "science" and "tech" is reasonably plausible, enough to keep the show fresh and interesting without to many deja-vu-from-left-field experiences.  Walter is definitely my favorite character, but I think that's the design.  My wife thinks Olivia has a weird head, but I think it's just fine.  I like Olivia's boss (who I can't remember the name of) .  It's developing and I'm willing to play along for now anyway.  I'm entertained and that's what's required.

Wrapping up the last day in January with a relatively short post, but I need sleep and tv and not in that order.  Plus I have to see if Hockey Night has got the sound back for the Vancouver game.  It's really neat to watch the show with no commentary, just the rink noise though.

No comments: