Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday

Yes, it is Friday. Again. But this wasn't a bad Friday as Fridays go - it was a good Friday. Which means to say better than most. Which implies a pretty good day as Fridays usually top the week for most. First, there was the start of a new long-standing tradition of Friday morning hockey. This one starts at 7:30am so no worries about making it to work - just worry about making it to the rink. A little light in the turn out, ending up with 4-on-4, but we had a pair of goalies so that makes things just peachy. I lasted surprisingly well, having been down a pint of blood from the night before. If we get a couple of subs and I get a proper complement of red blood cells, I think I'll be able to play the sprinting forward instead of the behind-my-own-blue-line defenseman.

Then off to work, which as work places go it is a pretty darn good. I like my workplace, which means to say I like the people I work with. Having good people around you makes everything more tolerable. Made it to lunch which was at Montana's. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and am glad I don't stuff myself like that every day. Or even every week. Back to work and finished off the day with things in pretty good shape, but not perfect. If things were perfect, I probably wouldn't get paid to improve them though, so it all works out.

Anyway, got in a few minutes with a Wii that showed up as after-work entertainment. Kind of convenient that our job involves having TVs everywhere. Found out that this guy is really good at Wii Sports Boxing. I played one round and got a KO - the first anyone had seen. Then I got KO'd, and so it went for the next 4 people. All at Biz-Vision's hands. Guess I'll find out on Monday how long streak went on as he was looking winded when I left.

So, the power-nap at 8pm (during Sponge-Bob) that has kept me going thus far is losing its strength, so I must turn in. I will (and I'm not just saying this) follow up a few items over the weekend.

No comments: