Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Staycation...

Yes I like Corner Gas, but I'm not going to make a huge deal of it. Just an accurate description of today's events. Yesterday, a family my kids is friends with (they have 2 kids in school with my kids, the same distance apart but 10 months older), invited them to go to the Children's Museum. They had some free passes, so the wife and kids took off in the morning to have some fun. And I stayed home and it was good.

Got a delivery from UPS - chocolates from the parent corp. Excellent packaging and so on, but a tiny bit later than what Kimota94 indicated... Crossed the year boundary there, but hey - a nice gesture is a nice gesture.

Settled in to watch The Seven Samurai, but didn't get all the way through - only 2 hours, 50-some minutes. However it was as excellent as I remember and I'm quite happy to now own it. I have to also remember that future optical movie media must be backwards compatible with DVD. Quite important. Quite irrelevant at the moment.

Headed over to my mom's for dinner with a worn-out family in tow. Things went pretty well, except for the raw tempers due to extreme tiredness. Talked to my cousin (on the phone) as his family underwent the same pains we did over Christmas, but after they visited us. Pretty sure that they got whatever this is from us. It is quite contagious and easily spread because they were ill within 2 days of visiting. Things are better now though, thankfully.

Gotta prepare for tomorrow - there's the gym and something else.. something I'm forgetting... something work-related... Oh yah! Going to the office for work! That'll be swell.

No comments: