Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Mumble...

Stupid blog keeping me awake at night. I should be asleep. Well, maybe I am and I just don't know it. Maybe it's stupid pride that keeps me from simply shutting down the computer and hitting the hay. And I know many will claim that "maybe" is simply not necessary.

So many things have happened in the past few days - I guess it is some kind of CES fever that is running through the high-tech world. That and iPhone mania. Which I have caught, but refuse to explain at this time.

Tired today because Tuesday is hockey morning in my Canada. Second time that I've used my new one-piece composite stick and I'm beginning to like it. Missed the net with a wrister from the point and someone asked me if I intended to deafen them. I took that as a compliment. Spent some time after the games practicing and found out some interesting things. Snapshots are probably the perfect thing for these kind of sticks. You get to load the stick (pre-bend it by dragging it along the ice) and then hitting the puck. This is a very fast shot and the composite makes the puck spring away. Nice control with lots of speed. Wrist shots can be wicked too, if you have enough time to put weight on the stick first (a la Brett Hull). I'm actually starting to worry about how hard I can shoot now - I don't want to hurt people! Primary thing is to learn to control the stick better, but it is happening much quicker than I expected. Must be learning things in my advancing age.

Saw some things developing at work, based on the information from the "Software Craftsmanship" meeting Monday. Looks like the new year will bring new ideas to our Agile environment.

Kids are enjoying the return to school. They both enjoyed Ice Age 2 yesterday. And again today. Didn't sit through it all, but it does seem pretty good.

Leafs lost again, but they played an excellent first period. Didn't see most of the second and just the last 5 mins, but those parts weren't as good. More like Carolina woke up and realized who they were playing. Final was 4-1, 1 empty net, 2 'canes goals on the power play, so the Leafs probably played well with some minor lapses. Pretty typical for them. Guess the Habs have been hit with that stomach bug that swept through this part of the country before Christmas. Montreal is not a happy place right now I guess with waves of nausea sweep through the streets.

And now my dribbling of words has come to the serviette and must be absorbed by the end. I already said I'm probably asleep right now. The analogies of sleeping man should not be trusted. Or something. Mayhap the morrow will materialize additional postings on other topics.

No comments: