Saturday, January 6, 2007

Slow content day

I had such high hopes for writing content today. They didn't materialize. But I did play hockey and eat Pad Thai, so really, isn't that better than blog posting? Maybe I'll manufacture a space to organize my thoughts tomorrow...

Anyway, hockey was fun, but there was only one goalie. It's kind of a drag, but I was happy that I was able to play okay. I had my new stick today - first time with a one-piece composite. Plus I left it about 6 inches longer than my (now backup) stick. The only problem I found with the length was that I was getting it caught up in people more. Shooting was not awkward, just different. Kept rifling it high, but I figured that would happen with a lighter stick. I can start working on my slapshot now that my stick is a reasonable length.

Pretty much figured out what stain was used on my kitchen cabinets - I think it is Chemcraft 825-7205 Walnut. Couldn't figure out where exactly I should buy it or if Chemcraft is the right company, but it is much closer than 2 days ago. My dad is finishing up a nice new coffee table in oak and since our cabinets and stairway are oak with the aforementioned stain, we thought it would be a nice complement.

Spent some time watching Season 1/2 of "News Radio", which my oldest son got my wife for Christmas. I helped him find it, so I guess I'm partially to blame. It is very good. I miss Phil Hartman. Then found the kids (they were hiding out at my mom's place over night). I was trying to figure out why the place was so quiet - maybe someone came by to handle our pest problem, but ants usually aren't so loud... Guess I should have clued in when I didn't have to jump up from what I was doing to interrupt some yelling.

Managed to watch some of the Leafs-Sabers game, but the Stars-Flames game seems better. Western Conference teams play such an incredibly fast game. Much more exciting than the Eastern. And now Stars-Flames are still playing and Kill Bill Vol 2 is on, so I have 2 things to watch...

No comments: