Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year: Ought-Seven!

The New Year has finally arrived in this timezone. I'm sober and awake and great it with general... indifference? Well, in terms of celebration anyway. Greeted this year as I have the past few - online, playing Counter-Strike. Kids in the house, wife needs sleep equals not many late night parties. I think this whole season gets her down something fierce so I don't let it worry me too much.

Anyway, let us collectively look forward to the possibilities that lie ahead. Resolutions, reflections, newsmakers - these are the stuff of last year, of 2006. I'm thinking about Ought-Seven - bright, new and possible. This is usually much easier when there is a nice blanket of snow and its really cold out. Everything is quiet, peaceful, seeming to glow even in the dark. That fantastic blue-black radiance from darkened trees projecting over the sparkling, crackling ground. That is a place of beauty and serenity for me.

Haven't come close to that this winter though. I want it to come - fierce cold and some snow to smooth things over.

Ought-Seven already has something more for me - more writing! And more typing (for my inner secretary). Well, I should head off to my bed because I don't want to be like so many others... bleary eyed and asleep at noon. Rather be bright-eyed and asleep again at 1pm (naps are good). Peace be with you.

No comments: