Thursday, March 12, 2009

A big day

Today is skating day in our household.  Skating for my youngest son and, lately, my wife.  She decided a few weeks back that she should take lessons to improve her skating skills.  Over the past few years she slowly got into skating - something that was difficult as an awkward child.  Concern was expressed that  staying upright would be difficult, but wrist guards and knee pads paved the way to confidence.  Now, wait for it, Stage 2 is upon her!  One of the benefits of taking the lessons with the kids (children under 10 for the most part) is the badges.  Success breeds success, so she is enjoying the whole experience.  I think it's great as she really isn't a sports person.  Myself, I enjoy hockey.  I play it all the time and it is an expensive hobby, but well worth it.  Having something to do on the ice as a family will be great!  I'm really looking forward to next winter and being able to all go to the arena and have a good time.  I may try and rent the ice during the summer for the family to come out and have fun for an hour, but that may be pushing it. 

I didn't listen too closely to the news today, so Stephen Harper didn't bug me.  Didn't really run into anything too contrary at work, so I guess it was a good day.  I'm not certain because I don't really have any stand-out recollections.  Going by the maxim "no news is good news" the day must have been good.  Friday-ward ho!

No comments: