Monday, March 16, 2009

Weird topic

As a Canadian, I feel that it is a waste of time to save America for a Korean car.  I mean there's already a Canadian on the job, Keifer Sutherland, and seeing as he hasn't been jersey'd or given a penalty, I feel he can handle it.  At least that's my response to those ads that tell me I can win a Kia Soul if I save America in some game.  My wife's response was "How many Canadians does it take to save America?"  Several of the actors on "24" are Canadian, so it is a fair question.  Our infiltration of the United States continues unabated, and given the readership of this blog, undetected.  Canadians have long perfected the art of not being noticed in plain sight - also known as "the Canadian movie industry" or "Canadian celebrities."  These are highly trained individuals who do tremendous jobs for pennies a day and still are able to walk without fear among us.  After rigorous training in such far-flung reaches as CBC Iqaluit and CBC Toronto, mental toughness and resourcefulness is proven. Then they may move to the United States and continue the work of making cookies saleable, hair growth plausible and hemorrhoids bearable. Soon they're out there helping the less fortunate to roll up their rims, even without that little roll-up tool (available only at Lee Valley).  Once Timmy's has marched across the continent, we will have the perfect platform to launch our polite form of banking regulations and save the fiscal world!  Yes!  No more will there be stock options and cash bonuses for the AIGs of the world - no, just TimCards and free donuts for the executives.  They'll have they're gooey balls of dough and be happy - happier than racing around in their BMW 7-series cars looking for places to hide their giant ball of cash.  Failing that, we'll have introduced hockey to all - then, at the stockholders vs executives fun-game during the annual general meeting, we can introduce the finer points of how fighting helps everyone to learn how to play fair.  After a few encounters with George Laraque, I think those AIG execs will understand how upset we all were at the dirty tricks they played with our money.  Also, it would be pretty funny to watch boomers who don't know a puck from a hole-in-the-ground try and stand up on skates. 

By the way, my wife informs me that she will be forsaking her Irish heritage (whatever fraction Irish she is) by wearing magenta tomorrow - aka the opposite of green.  Which reminds me, I should find something green to wear tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anne said...

You forgot to credit me with the idea for this blog entry. Also I am not Irish I don't know who told you that filthy lie.

cjguerra said...

Well, you came up with the variation that I attributed to you. But you did suggest that I go enter it. Now. So you did help.