Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The ends of March

Should I beware the ends of March?  The ides of march are long past, so the end of March is more relevant.  Should have started writing a bit earlier, but I'm all tired to begin with and I'm having trouble focusing - especially on what I need to do right at this very moment here.  I did manage to rustle up another goalie for hockey tomorrow, but it's a Puckstoppers rental so it's gonna cost us.  I was hoping that we'd have one regular and one other, but our regular has not been regular as of late.  Should have a good turnout tomorrow, which helps to keep the costs down.  I expect we should have some good weeks in the near future too as the leagues are wrapping up.  I talked with one person today who's league night is tonight (Tuesday night), which is why he can't make it during the season.  His league begins playoffs now, so it could be 5 weeks before he can make it out.  That's a while.  I would just be happy with two goalies and 8 skaters every week, but you can't have everything.

I skimmed over something regarding GM, along the lines of public officials voicing that doing the "Volt" was a bad choice.  They also want GM to move with the times and offer what the public wants and be green.  Seems to me that GM was offering what the public wanted - big, comfy SUVs that used lots of gas and produced lots of pollution - and that's in direct conflict with "more efficient.  I hope they don't bugger things up too much with their helpful recommendations.

No comments: