Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday - it's not my fault.

Just a little joke from today - a new theme song for our group at work I guess.  Re-did the lyrics to "Friday I'm In Love" by the Cure to show how a bug is not because of our team.  The things you have to do to stay sane...  But it is the end of the week again and that's a good thing.  Did a lot of typing today at work which is why I can type this on autopilot tonight.  Nice and smooth flowing output - don't think, just move those crazy fingers.  So very tired.  Pretty productive at work, what with all the typing and all.  Just to be clear, typing means I wasn't doing software development.  Software is not written with much typing - everything is autocompleted or copied or referenced or whatever.  You spend more time staring at the screen then creating code.  At least if you're careful you do.  I've seen some people that code as fast I type these blog posts and the reason they are so fast is because the end up doing the same thing many times.  They tend to throw out and redo whenever there is a bug.

Hockey was pretty good today - I think I got a goal, but I don't remember.  I do remember making some nice passes that ended up as goals and that is probably more important.  One of the benefits of shooting all the time is that defenders assume you'll always shoot.  Problem for me is that I spend so much time lulling them into a false sense of security that I don't get enough practice passing through traffic.  

There's been some talk around the house about getting some inline skates, especially since my wife is liking her figure skating lessons.  I think she's going to continue her lessons over the summer, but inline skates would be something we could get the whole family doing together and that is a rare and special thing.  Getting outside is important and we definitely don't do that very well as a family.  I think it will be a good investment.

No comments: