Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Blank silence

Confronted with the silence of the blank page.  That, and the silence.  Makes for a quiet emptiness or something.  Whatever it is, I guess it didn't last forever because I can hear typing.  I really need to head of to bed - I've been staying up way to late for no good reason.  Plus tomorrow is hockey and I had to pay for a goalie.  I'm hopeful that we'll get more than 6 or 7 skaters 'cause that's not enough to spread the costs nicely.  I also need to look into getting a new stick or something - the two I have now are still in one piece, but the toe is looking rather misshapen on both.  I just don't know when the sales will start - soon I guess.  Some places get the ice out before the end of March, which means most leagues will be done by then.  Not me - I like the fact the two games I play are every week.  Or almost every week.  Keeps things interesting all year long.

Took a small break to look at Kimota94's page and found his reference to 6 word stories.  I put some there as comments, but here are some more (because I'm really tired and it makes things like this more amusing):
  • Don't go! She cried. So lonely...
  • This sentence is short but complete.
  • Don't decry what you haven't written.
  • Contractions make writing small stories easier.
  • Marshmallows are mellifluous; muffins less so.
  • From the Simpson's: "Brevity is... wit"
  • March madness revealed in small sentences.
  • This sentence is not about itself.
  • "Long enough, it is" quoth Yoda.
  • Curb the garbage, keep wife happy.
  • Deep hole jarred vehicle - potholes suck.

No comments: