Monday, March 23, 2009

Posting the first

Well, I noted that I'm going to make two postings today, so I think I have a topic for the second one.  It will be some fiction I was considering today while sweeping out the garage.  Much more interesting than my day off.  I picked up some wheel covers (the Saturn dealer misplaced them last week, but found them the next day), went to the passport office (twice) and got some good old Pad Thai (422a) and a Vietnamese Coffee Avocado Smoothie (26) at Pho Ben Thanh.  Bought some cat food - apparently the hard plastic jugs are being phased out for paper bags.  I suspect that plastic is expensive.

I tried to slip it by you, the reader, but you probably recognized that I shouldn't have needed to go to the passport office more than once.  Well, if you don't have proof of citizenship you do.  I thought I checked everything carefully to make sure I had all the ID I needed, but the summaries never mention the proof of citizenship part.  Kind of obvious I suppose, but not something I remembered until I saw everyone else in line fingering their certificates.  Oh well - didn't take very long either time, so I cannot complain in the slightest.  They have a good system - a triage first to make sure you have the right forms and correct supporting documents.  Evidently I used the system more completely than most.

Anyway, I'll post up something else soon - it needs to be written yet.   That's not saying much - I find I'm more effective creatively when I just sit down and start writing.

No comments: