Monday, March 2, 2009

Watching...

Don't have much insight today into anything in particular.  Not that I expect to have many things to say every day in every way, getting better and better.  I suppose I just hoped that I'd be able to yank a topic out of somewhere with a bit more easy.  I don't know why I kid myself so - find the topic is always the hardest part!  Well for me anyway.  I do remember the creative writing assignments I had in grade school.  I could come up with several riffs on whatever the theme was.  One I always enjoyed was the guy with shirt covered in stains from his chicken flambe.  He could be counted on to do unusual things, that's for sure.

The Watchmen movie is going to be out this Friday and a friend suggested in a Facebook update that the midnight Thursday showing should be attended.  There's going to be two showings in London (Ontario, Canada for those arriving via search engine), one at the Silver City and the other at the Wellington 8.  Very interesting.  Anyway, I promised my friend we'd see it Friday, so I'll have to see if he's willing to change the time.  I've only read the graphic novel once - a sad condition which I hope to correct through a purchase this week.  I've come to realize how much I like Alan Moore's writing, so I need to acquire some more of his work and that's a really good place to start.  That and Neil Gaiman.  I've seen the trailer once and parts of the commercials.  I know the story, so I'm hopeful that the visuals will live up to the story.  All will be revealed soon.

On another completely topic, get a load of that Martin Brodeur.  I read this article on the CBCsports.ca site, completely ignorant of his comeback.  Wow!  I agree with the assessment that Brodeur's time off served to improve his game, not hurt it.  Very impressive.  Mr. Brodeur is now within striking distance of Terry Sawchuck's all-time shutout mark and Patrick Roy's career win mark.  With this pace, he may break both at once!  The Hockey Hall of Fame is probably preparing space for him right now...

No comments: