Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Communication

It's review time at work.  That usually means it's time to try and figure out what happened in the past year and how to phrase it just - communicate what makes yourself stand out.  Hopefully you stand above.  Now review time means all the rehashing and debating is done and the explaining begins.  I sense that most of the managers dread this time of year, but I don't think they should be too worried.  I think they're worried about all the questions that arise from the reviews, but it's pretty much what it is and I don't think there will be too many questions about how - more about what comes next.  One of the things mentioned by my manager was that I have to improve my communication.

It's interesting that I decided to do some writing every day to improve my communication skills and that it's something to work on.  I think the idea was that I'm not a bad communicator now, but I could be so much better.  Potential and all that rot.  So I endeavor to be a more nuanced communicator.

Which brings me to this post over at Kimota94's Place.  I find it petty that someone would expunge all comments by a particular person.  I suppose in the blog system the comment removal would be hidden from the wider audience, so once the decision is made to decline comments from a particular source, it can be accomplished in secret.  The thing is, if someone disagrees or displeases you that much, it shows more character to leave the comments there.  It's one thing if someone is being belligerent, but in general the comments speak for themselves.  If the comment is that contrary or disagreeable, it should be evident to everyone.  Then such irritation reflects back on the poster rather than the blogger.

Sentences make sense not.  Sleep must obtain.  Cease communication.

2 comments:

Michael Kernahan said...

You are an idiot.

Just checking your moderation threshold.

:-)

cjguerra said...

Threshold engaged? Hard to tell - I am an idiot. I guess you'd have to be more specific as to "when" and "how much" ;)