Monday, February 16, 2009

A lazy, dog-dangling afternoon.

A quick search will show that I am not the first person to quote a certain show or "...commit certain deeds."  The reference is so obvious I don't think I can even grant a no-prize to whoever identifies it.  Or the name of Homer's new best friend.  Or the wattage of the bulb highlighted.  Anyway, it was a pretty lazy day, given that pretty much every store was closed on account of Family Day.  Apparently, going out with the family to spend money isn't a family-enough activity.  The idea was okay - another statutory holiday - but the legislation drafted has some flaws.  First, it's supposed to be a new holiday for all, but if you already get a certain number of paid days off in a year, you can't take this one.  Police fall into this category I believe.  Next, no stores are open, kind of a difficult thing, given that Alberta, which had Family Day on the books long ago, lets stores open.  I guess I'm just complaining because I kinda wanted to go to the store.  Plus we have very little food here, and I was all ready to go out and stock up.  Lucky for me, the local Chinese restaurant was open for dinner tonight and I did my part to support the local economy.  Plus you can really tell that people expected things to be open when the variety store at the gas station only had 2 bags of homogenized milk  left.  There was clearly room for 4 bags of skim, 1% and 2% plus 1 and 2 litre cartons.  Just barren shelves with bags of homogenized or cartons of half and half.

Ah well, back to work tomorrow.  I am going to try and start back at another habit tomorrow - going to the gym.  My middle really requires a workout and I think it will be good all around.  Weak joke, but still I need to go to the gym more.

1 comment:

cjguerra said...

Forgot to do this yesterday, but the episode is the one that begins with the chili cook-off and Homer goes on a spiritual journey, guest starring Johnny Cash as the spirit guide.