Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Post 167

Well, 167 is odd, so not a multiple of 2.  And it's not a multiple of 3, 5, 7 or 11.  Looking to 13, we can see that 13*13 is 169, so we are done.  Another primal posting.  At least writing some little thing every night has been something I can stick to.  I wrote a couple of days ago about going to the gym - didn't happen.  Wrote several times about the Canada Writes contest held by the CBC, but again nothing.  It's not so much the curse of the blank page but the shear lack of enthusiasm I suppose.  Self improvement is something that is best done in small doses then?  I wonder.

My son came home yesterday with the news that a classmate of his had his father pass away suddenly over the long weekend.  Freaked out my wife a bit, although the first thing she thought of was "I hope he had good insurance."  I hadn't met him, but she had taken our son over to his friend's house over the Christmas holidays and met the person who passed away.  It was a family with two young kids - I hope they will be able to continue.  I hope they pull though and know there are people willing to help them out.

1 comment:

Mike Marsman said...

sad news about the dad. as a new parent, something i was quick to buy in to doing was getting a good life insurance policy.

while it isn't necessarily cheap to do, i feel like i'm at least buying some peace of mind should i shuffle off this mortal coil ahead of schedule.