Thursday, February 5, 2009

Postal woes continued

Got another bill today - I know, I know, you're all shocked.  It's hard to believe that I still get bills, but there you are.  Anyway, this was for the 407 toll road - something I use maybe once a year.  I did use it in 2008 - twice in fact.  Travelled the whole length, first one way then another.  For a wedding.  At the end of August.  This is the first bill I have received.  I have not contacted the 407etr corporation nor changed my address.  This bill was for February.  The previous billing period was Jan 1, 2009 to Jan 31, 2009.  So I believe I have not received 4 months worth of bills.  And so the toll road may come and collect their $37.69.    All because THE POST OFFICE CAN'T DELIVER MY BILLS!

It is very frustrating to discover that a government agency is destroy my credit rating, at the exact time the economy is imploding.  It boggles the mind how accurately they predicted the downturn so they could "forget" to deliver key pieces of may for several months.  Such timing - I wish I could achieve a similar finesse in any activity.

Thankfully, I was able to watch "The Office" and "30 Rock" before continuing, so I don't feel so angry.  It turns out that I am the Generalissimo and that Lehman Brothers is reopening under the direction of Tracy Jordan.  Actually, maybe Liz Lemon has been getting our mail - I'll have to ask Canada Post if there is a PO Box in New York they've been secretly forwarding it to.  It never hurts to ask.

No comments: