Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Not yet happy feet

Got back to Pete's Sports today, finally, to see if they could help me with my one boot.  I have been trying to adjust how I tie my one skate so I don't hurt my foot, but I really don't have much leeway.  Went through another oven-cycle and I'm hopeful that will make a difference.  If not, I'll have to talk to a guy I play hockey with who works at a different sports store.  He said he has the equipment to do a proper stretch of the boot.  I think that's what will ultimately be needed.

Hockey was pretty good this morning - only slight hiccups.  We had two goalies, eventually, and they both got going within about 10 minutes of the regular start time.  Everyone left right at the end though.  Usually we can play for a bit longer because there is no one before or after us, but if people start to leave, the game peters out.  We did get 5 on 5 plus a sub, two goalies, so that's the main thing.  I think I did okay, but I didn't get that many chances on net and I did let some weak plays past me.  But I also halted my share of rushes, so it's all good.

I guess I must be more tired than I thought because I just can't put anything together here today.  Well, other than simple stuff.  The only interesting thing was the confirmation of some rumours I heard at work.  One of the companies we partner with had some layoffs, which explains why we are seeing different reactions from them lately.  There could have been a number of reasons for the differences, such as increased pressure from our parent company, but this makes more sense to me.  I believe they have seen this coming for a few months and that's not a pressure that is easy to live with.  I hope things work out for them.  Opposite news for Nintendo though - they've been selling millions of things - things that cost tens or hundreds of dollars each.  I think they are one of the few bright spots in the gaming/entertainment industry.

No comments: